HOW TO SAFEGUARD FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
On the Facebook setting change the following
Go to > Settings
Provide at least 2 email id and verify them by clicking the link send to your email id or secret code.
b) Unmarked – Allow friends to include my email address save settings using your password.
Change your password
Password strength should be minimum 10 – 16, It should contain
use default language as English, and English Keypad only.
Dont use other languages, the key strokes varies on some keyboards.
Never give same passwords for usernames.
Always use on screen keyboard to type passwords (OSK)
Insure no key loggers are installed on your computer
Never save passwords
Always use Private Browsing
Clear cookies and history after browsing
Never install browser addons or plugins from unknown publishers.
d) Login notifications
Tick both Email and Text message/Push notification
e) Trusted Contacts
Add atleast 5 contacts (only family members)
f) Trusted Browsers
Remove everything except the current secession
g) Where you’re Logged In
Remove everything except the current secession
h) Who can see my stuff? – Friends only
i) Who can contact me? – Friends of Friends
j) Who can look me up?
Who can look you up using the email address you provided? – Friends
Who can look you up using the phone number you provided? – Friends
Do you want other search engines to link to your Timeline? – No
4. Timeline and Tagging Settings
k) Who can add things to my timeline?
Who can post on your timeline? – Only me
Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline? – On
L) Who can see things on my timeline?
Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline? – Everyone
Who can see what others post on your timeline?- Only me
M) How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions?
Review tags people add to your own posts before the tags appear on Facebook? – On
When you’re tagged in a post, who do you want to add to the audience if they aren’t already in it? – Only me
Who sees tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded? – Friends
N) How You Get Notifications
On Facebook – View All notifications, sounds on
Email – Only notifications about your account, security and privacy
Text message – Text notifications must be on – Tick everything and anytime (don’t give timing)
O) What You Get Notified About
App requests and activity – delete everything
P) Your phones
Activate at least 2 mobile numbers – after you get the confirmation code, confirm both the mobile
Text messaging – select the mobile number to send sms.
Facebook Messages – Text me: When someone sends me a Message on web or mobile
Daily Text Limit – Maximum number of texts: Unlimited
THEN ON YOUR PROFILE SETTING
Go to About
7. Work and education – Friends only
8. Basic Information
Birth Date – Friends Only
Year of Birth – Only you
9. Contact Information
Mobile Phones – Only you
Address – Only you
Google Talk – Only you
Orkut – Only you
Skype – Only you
Yahoo! Messenger – Only you
Twitter – Only you
Website – it can be public or friends
Email – all email hidden
10. Relationship – Only you
11. Add Your Family – Only you
12. Whenever you post share only to your friends, Never share your personal practices or habits on the public and
never share any kind of situation directly on your timeline, you can share on a personal message or to a restricted
13. Never allow anyone to use your personal things like Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, Palmtop.
14. Always sign-out with clearing cookies, history and saved password.
15. Avoid public cafe like browsing centers.
16. insure that your system is free from virus with a clear scan of a updated antivirus.
17. insure there is no strange devices to your computer
18. Try to avoid cordless/ Wireless Keyboards & Mouse.
19. Never Prompt the password when typing.
20. Never save the password anywhere.
21. Always keep the password changing once in 3 or 6 months.
22. If you are aware use proxy ip (free or paid).
23. Hiding your Friends list may keep up your privacy.
24. Never click redirected URL’s.
25. Always check the url in the address bar.
26. Insure the https link the address bar not http
27. Insure the ‘F’ icon before https.
28. Note the lock icon at the end of the url bar
29. If the Facebook page suddenly logs you out immediately check the URL address, never type the password
30. Never use Facebook 3rd party Plugins. like skins, themes,
31. Never give Access Token to anybody.
32. Check the Password recovery option, and also your email password recovery option.
33. When Facebook warns mistrust link never visit them.
34. Always check the profile before you chat with that person or send message to that person.
35. Never download software demanding your Facebook username and password.
36. Never login throw any email send to you, or redirect you to facebook.com
37. Complete your profile identity, and register your Driving Licence & Voter ID Cards.
My profile is 97% updated & also waiting for genuinity.