The Google glass job, was declared formally on April 4, 2012 and collected lots of excited techies’ focus all over the world. Since that time, it’s assessed past many standout landmarks including various public interaction sessions that helped them assemble areas of propositions and development from an end user perspective.
Meanwhile the enthusiastic followers from remainder of the world had started to consider they will also get an opportunity to get their own hands on this latest art piece of technology shortly. But, their expectancies thrashed with an official statement of Google outdated 15th January 2015(Source: BBC) saying its Discontinuation of public availability of the merchandise. The final date for availability of purchase was set to 19th of January 2015. Following that, creation and the development returned to an incognito cloak from where it was brought into.
During 2013, the Google glass was made accessible to software developers of US and UK for $1500, and by the end of 2014, The Google Glass Explorer was made accessible for anybody with a U.S or U.K address, still being in the beta status.
Google has the crucial information the case needed, whatever be it. The information about the challenges that individuals face generally within their daily lives due to the glass. Whether it be becoming controlled from seeing a film in a theater, or getting fined for driving with the Glass on. Google must have seen numerous authorities concerning the device’s awareness.
Based on a survey began on glassalmanac, 55% of voters said while an extensive 45% voters agreed the firm has taken a wrong turn, that a positive step for Google Glass proved to be it.
What next then?
Luckily, the twilight the apparatus has faced is followed by another morning although no timescale was assured by the team that’s assured.
A month before the shattering news dispersed the on-line media, a dramatic patent was made by Google, according to digitalspy, This patent was Google glass 2.0. The patent revealed a streamlined display that changes to the left from the correct eye.
The next generation of wearable glass technology is under development. This really is popularly called ‘The next variant of glass’ or just ‘Google glass 2.0’.
Discussing the development, the job was being developed under the Google X section till now. This department contains firm’s specific projects and clearly, lots of information that is critical.
Chief purposes to be thought about about Google glass 2.0 are
1. Lots of emphasis will probably be placed on the functionality and power consumption of the apparatus to defeat the present criticisms of battery life that is short lived.
2. The Glass team will now move out of the Google X office which participates in “blue sky” research, and eventually be another endeavor, under its present supervisor Ivy Ross, previously known for her work in fashion industry.
3. Better appearances. Since, not lots of people enjoyed the nerdy appearance of the beta [Explorer] variant.
4. More software developers will probably be motivated to take part that increasingly more participating programs may be created in developing.
5. Price proved to be a huge problem for the explorer variation so a better strategy is going to be to commercialize the device in states that are bounteous in order that multi fold decreases are shown by cost.
Google has terminated all attempts that were being made for improving the Explorer version and is currently focusing completely on the following generation I.e Google Glass 2.0, The precise specifications of which cannot be established by now. The spiritual followers of the technology whist, are expecting for it to be worth the delay.