Foxconn Robots

Foxconn Lays Off 60,000 Employees and Replaces Them with Robots

Intro

If you have been following Apple and Samsung regularly, it is actually quite possible that you have stumbled on this name. Foxconn happens to be their supplier and recently, they replaced a workforce that’s totaling 60,000 factory workers with robots. This has really had a negative effect on the economy as more and more people are being sent home because more companies are deciding to adopt robots in their manufacturing processes.

A factory was reported to have reduced its workforce from 110,000 to 50,000, retaining about 40% of the original workforce, and robots replacing the other 60%. Well, when I hear things like this, I just continue to imagine what people will go through when robots take over all the factories in China. Well, sometimes, technology may not have positive effects on people.

While we were still discussing this and a possible way out, Xu Yulian, the head of publicity in the Kunshan region even said that more companies will follow suite, and what does that mean for the Chinese populace? China has been investing heavily in robots, and what we are seeing at this time may just be a tip of the iceberg.

Foxconn Employees

Foxconn Employees



TweakingTricks.com is 100% independently owned and welcomes new article contributions for our growing community. Our sole purpose is to spread news and research to provide deep insight on disruptive companies, people and trends.


© 2016 - TWEAKINGTRICKS.com | Privacy Policy